Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is Granada. This is my city.

¡Hola a tod@s!

I always knew that I was going to study abroad while in college, and, honestly, the study abroad office and its programs are one of the reasons why I chose to come to UW-L. I started learning Spanish at a young age, and in high school I had the opportunity to go to Spain for two weeks. The first week was spent traveling to various cities, but the second week I spent living with a Spanish family in Sevilla. That experience completely changed my life. Being abroad is addicting. When I came back, all I could think about was traveling again, so I emptied my bank account by taking a trip a to Mexico less than three weeks after I got back from Spain.

In my freshman year at UW-L I began talking with Jason Kouba about wanting to study abroad. My mind was set on going back to Spain, but I didn't know which city I wanted. I had visited a bunch of cities during my trip in   high school, but I couldn't make up my mind. I really wanted to go to Madrid because I love big cities; however, Professor Socha recommended Granada. He may have been a little bias towards that city, but I respected his opinion and did some research. I asked everyone for their opinions (including everyone I knew from Spain) and finally decided to go to Granada. I don't remember exactly why I chose it over Madrid, but once I arrived, I'm so glad that I did.


This is Granada. This is my city.

un saludo,

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment