Tuesday, March 1, 2011

¡buenas!


I wish I wouldn't have packed so many clothes. By the second month I had already made an area in my closet for clothes I hadn't worn and wasn't planning on wearing. It's almost inevitable that you're going to buy some clothes abroad, and towards the end of my trip when I needed more room in my suitcase, I actually donated a lot of the clothes I had brought with me. I also wish I wouldn't have brought any toiletries. I'm glad I brought contacts and contact solution, but I easily found the rest of the items I needed at a decent price there. Also, my luggage arrived a week late, so I had to buy all my toiletries anyways. I wish I wouldn't have brought my electrical adapter either. I used it properly (with the converter and everything), yet it still blew a few fuses. I bought a really cheap adapter (less than $5) there at an electronic store and it worked perfectly.There's nothing that I didn't bring that I wished I would have. Depending on your host country, you can find almost anything. I would, however, recommend that you bring nail clippers and tweezers because those can be expensive (in Spain they were almost $15 each).


The best way to stay in touch with people is with Skype. There was no wifi where I was staying so I either had to use my computer at school or at a reasonably cheap internet café down the street from my apartment. I did have a couple friends that bought USB wireless internet through different local phone companies, but I didn't think that was necessary. Personally, I had a hard time keeping in contact with my friends and family. With the time difference and everything that I wanted to do, I probably only talked to them once every week or two. Instead, I decided to make a blog, and I updated it once a week with stories or pictures.


un saludo,


Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment