Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And through foggy London Town the sun was shining everywhere.

Hello mates,
To start off, let me just say that studying abroad was one of the best decisions of my life and has forever changed me. I think I first caught the travel bug just before my senior year in high school when my family road-tripped over to Niagara Falls and New York for a couple weeks. I loved how different the New York City atmosphere was compared to my hometown in Wisconsin. Quickly after that trip I started to write my bucket list and visiting every state was one of my goals. I'm only up to 16 states but at least it's a start (not including states I've driven through, because those don't really count). I hadn't really set my sights abroad because I always figured I would travel when I was older and had more expendable money. But during my sophomore year of college I saw pictures of one of my friends studying abroad. It looked like so much fun so I decided to check out La Crosse's study abroad programs. 

I passed the map of places available abroad and realized we had a ton of options available. My foreign language skills are minimal so that helped to narrow down my choices. Once I decided I wanted an English speaking country, I was going between a couple Australia programs and England. I ended up choosing London because it's the hub of Europe and would give me many opportunities to travel. I was also very interested in the rich history and yes, I’ll admit it, I wanted to catch a glimpse of Prince Harry. I then chose London Metropolitan because it offered many business courses so I wouldn't get too behind back home, and it turned out to be a great decision because London Met really is in the heart of London. I lived just a couple blocks away from Kings Cross and was only a tube ride away from all the main attractions. 

                                                        http://unexpectedways.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Cheers,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment